USB Redirector RDP Edition - Simple USB Device Redirection over RDP
USB Redirector RDP Edition allows to redirect USB devices to the remote computer when working via Remote Desktop. It consists of two parts - Server part and Workstation part. So USB devices connected to Workstation become available on remote PC, Virtual Machine or Terminal Server. USB Redirector RDP Edition suits great for Virtual Desktop/VDI solutions where you need to redirect USB devices into remote Virtual Machine.
Usign USB devices in Desktop Virtualization environment.
More and more large and small companies tend to use Virtual Desktop Environment for their employees because it is flexible, simple and secure. Each user, working via the Remote Desktop, may need accessing his/her USB devices attached to a workstation or thin-client, in the RDP session on virtual desktop. And USB Redirector RDP Edition allows to accomplish this!
This solution is the most suitable for single-user applications, where one Virtual Machine is used by only one user at a time. It also can be used when redirecting devices to Terminal Server. But please note that due to Windows specifics, all USB devices are global in the system to which they are redirected. For multi-user environments, where you need to isolate USB devices in RDP session, you can use our other solution USB Redirector TS Edition
Redirect local USB device into the Remote Desktop session in 4 steps:
- Step 1: Install USB Redirector RDP Edition (Workstation part) on a workstation or thin-client PC, where USB devices are physically plugged.
- Step 2: Install USB Redirector RDP Edition (Server part) on the Virtual Machine, Terminal Server or remote PC where you wish to connect your USB devices remotely.
- Step 3: Share a required USB device on Workstation.
- Step 4: Start Remote Desktop Client and Login to the remote machine.
USB device will be connected automaticaly.
- Result: Now you can work with the USB device on remote machine just like it was plugged there directly.
After USB device is shared, it can not be used in localy, because USB device is acquired for individual usage by remote USB clients!
Only the Server part or USB Redirector RDP Edition must be licensed. This means:
- If you use Virtual Machines, you need as much licenses as you have Virtual Machines.
- If you use Terminal Servers, you need as much licenses as you have Terminal Servers.
- If you use regular Workstations, you need as much licenses as you have Workstations acting as RDP server.
The license allows to connect a certain number of devices. This number is per-server, NOT per-user.
The license should be applied on Terminal Server/Virtual Machine.
Workstation part of USB Redirector RDP Edition is FREE.
USB Redirector RDP Edition works on the following operating systems (both 32- and 64-bit):
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 7
- Windows 2008 R2 Server